Friday, January 27, 2012

Burnell Family Visit

Look who stopped by! You might remember Ty from my post a few weeks ago, and from a few posts at the beginning of this whole blog. His mother (I always called her Burnelli) is a close friend from Wenatchee. We commuted together from Wenatchee to Ellensburg for a year completing our teaching certificates. She's now teaching, and I of course am not. Look at her beautiful children! So adorable. Ty had a follow up appointment from his surgery. He is such a curious, hilarious, sweetheart, and his little sister, the animal lover, has a heart of gold and the most beautiful storybook curls. 

 

If there's anything that can put a smile on my face, it's my friends and their children. Children are so full of love, full of energy, and laughter. They're like adults on hyper drive and it's so much fun! I need a nap now, I'm not going to lie (I'm laughing out loud as I write this). Oh what fun! Sweet little angels just like their awesome parents. It's amazing how life connects you to people. I feel so lucky to have so many amazing people in my life!

What would we do without the connection to others. That is a scary and sad thought. That's what I think about sometimes in regard to other cancer fighters, or people in general. It's so important to have love and joy around you. I'm lucky because I've always been a talker. I'm really social and with that trait I've been able to meet all kinds of people, and make all sorts of amazing friends. I feel incredibly blessed, so fortunate to have such lovely and loving people that constantly lift me up. There are people that are more reserved though, more isolated and when faced with a difficult situation might be sad, or lonesome who don't have others supporting them. That's why it's so important to try your best to be kind to strangers, you absolutely never know what others are going through. People you pass by on the street, in line at the grocery store, on the bus, or anywhere else you go could have huge burdens - in fact, they probably do, everyone has their story. I'm not suggesting that you have to get into a full blown conversation with people, a simple smile, I think, would suffice. It can be that little of an effort. I know that when a person smiles at me, it feels good. I hope I'm not being too bossy, or preachy. I know I hate it when people do that. If I sound annoying, you can always ignore me :)

Anyway, here's my favorite thing of the day. Tyler gave Danny and I a branch. How cute is that! Sweet, sweet child. He wanted to know if it was going to grow, but I told him it's probably dormant. It is winter after all :)






1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica, My name is Melissa Adams and I live in Greenlake. 77th and Latona to be exact, up from the Greenlake pool parking lot. I am 44, which probably sounds ancient to you, I am guessing you are in your 20's? I have had no one close to me have cancer and know nothing about it, but I walk Greenlake! I used to walk everyday, sometimes twice a day. I am a stay-at-home mom. I had (still have) this great group of friends to walk with, also stay-at-home moms, who have ALL gone back to work. My kids are 14 and 16 now, they attend Roosevelt High School. I just have not wanted to go back to work. Is something wrong with me? Anyway, I walk by myself mostly now. I am not a runner, I do ride my bike. If you ever would want company I would love to chat and walk with you. I am listed on Facebook as Melissa Mace Adams. So you can check me out if you want! Have a good day! Melissa jmeladams@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top